In today’s world, our aging population is among us. We need to start thinking about how we will treat and care for our seniors to ensure they live their life out to the fullest in their final phase of life. It doesn’t have to be a sad phase of life, but a fulfilled happy one in the right environment!
1. According to The Public Health Agency of Canada, 25% of community dwelling Canadians over the age of 65 experience a physical fall each year. Falls are the cause of 95% of all Hip fractures and 20% of hip fractures lead to death. Additionally, 33% of all people admitted into long term care facilities have had a prior fall leading to their hospitalization.
2. A Harvard Study done showed that women who lived in or near “Green” areas, had a 12% lower rate of mortality. In a nutshell, living near parks, green spaces and gardens makes for a happier and longer life. Many retirement homes have community gardens, park space and weekly outings into nature.
3. According to Psychology Today, clutter in the home contributes to feelings of guilt and anxiety as it sends signals to our brain that work is never done and that we are unorganized beings. Being unorganized and bogged down with clutter can cause embarrassment for some people. This embarrassment can lead to avoiding having guests over and becoming isolated and lonely.
4. The average home price in the GTA was $863,910 as of June 2017. Using the proceeds from the sale of your loved ones home to properly care for your senior citizen helps in the longevity of their life.
5. Your Next Steps Inc. has proven to be a leader in helping families stay together longer with our care facility matching and continued home care. Our real estate salespeople are within the top 3% of all agents in Canada and continue to provide satisfied clients with top dollar sale prices.
Take the right step for you and your loved ones. Give us a call to schedule a free in-home consultation at 416-639-9918.